Monday, February 7, 2022

Taking a Look Back

 Hello everyone! It's been a while!

    I have been able to look back at some of my postings from AICE Media Studies AS Level and I must say, I really have come a long way since I began taking this course. 

    I got to see the music video and marketing project I made approximately a year ago, as well as the film opening project that I made as a part of my AICE portfolio. Though these are very different from my current style, I can definitely sense a bit of "myself" in these projects, particularly the music video. I think projects like these really helped me figure out what parts of the creation process I was attracted to, what I was strong at, and allowed me to start developing my personal taste. Over the course of a couple months, I went from a mere "TV kid" that knew how to handle a DSLR to a conscious, meticulous creator who thinks through every aspect of their projects, making it the best it can be. I really am proud of how far I have come and am excited to see what I have to say about this a year from now. I always feel like I am growing creatively in this class, and for that I am extremely grateful.

    Speaking of growth, I think this year's curriculum and projects have really allowed me to evolve. Not only did learning about post-modernism completely shift my view of the world and cause me to consume media with a more critical lens, but the documentary project back in October/November (as well as our most recent distribution project), have really allowed me to take that aesthetic awareness and storytelling to the next level. I really cannot wait to see what the rest of this year brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

After All This Time...

Well, well, well.... I guess it is time for you guys to see the final product!     Despite all of the hardships and stress (especially with ...